Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's Thursday

I have a new refrigerator and stove coming tomorrow - I'm so excited. I was trying not to whine, but I hadn't really paid attention to the stove when we bought this house. It's fine but it's basic. I like to cook a lot so it wasn't making me really happy. So dh bought me a new one because he's sweet. and a matching refrigerator because apparently the refrigerator was driving HIM nuts. That's coming tomorrow.

Today, his sister is visiting. We haven't seen her since their parents funeral which was .... six years ago I do believe. I've been straightening up and cleaning, etc. It'll be nice to see her.

I've got pictures to post for the next NC Photojournal installment. We went to the Durham Museum of Science yesterday but I don't have time to post them today. I'll work on that tomorrow.

Here's my dorky moment of the day. I am supposed to make a dessert for the Church cookout tomorrow. I decided to make Moon Pies. I thought I got all the ingredients at the store but I was just going by memory. I looked at the recipe and saw that I am missing evaporated milk and butter. I write these two items on a list along with some stuff to pick up for dinner (hopefully my SIL will be staying for dinner). I get to the store, do my shopping get home and guess what? I didn't get the evaporated milk or the butter! I even had the list in my hand the whole time!

So hopefully the new stove will come in time tomorrow so that I can make them. If not, I'll have to see if I can find something in the grocery store bakery. I'm such a dork!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate our stove too, but my husband isn't as nice as yours. I must cope.

Just Me said...

Glad you gots new kitchen goodies coming!