Saturday, June 16, 2007

NC Photojournal Installment

I've decided to put a name to the new direction I've taken my blog. Not to say it won't contain my inner ramblings - because it will. I think, though if I name certain sections a specific thing then there can be an expectation that it will contain pictures I've taken while getting know my area. That title will be my NC Photojournal. Original, right?

Today - most of our time was spent at the Church solidifying new membership and all that fun stuff. We are now official members of the Church. Tomorrow will BE Church so there won't be any new pictures unless I can get over feeling like a dork about bringing my camera to Church and taking pictures. I should - it's a beautiful Church. We'll see if I can get over that particular .. what would you even call it, a phobia? Or should one even TAKE a picture of their Church? Maybe that's why it feels a bit wrong? I'll have to ask dh about that.

In the meantime, there's pictures to post. And if it's not too late I need to come up with "What Screams Summer" for the Dawgs. It's past time I got back into the swing of that as well.

Friday we visited a small town called Pittsboro, though actually I think it's bigger than a town. I read that it is the county seat so it holds the county courts... the county is Gratham I believe? I may have to look that up and make sure I got that right. Here is the Main Street and one of the Court Houses.







The Main Street has little shops, mostly antique stores some art galleries and a couple of interesting stores that sell crystals and the like. One store at the end was a very interesting hodgepodge of French antiques, french style pottery and African art. Abigail and I were on our own and we poked around in the shops kinda hoping to find something cool and unusual for a Father's Day gift (which we didn't find and that upset Abigail). We stopped for lunch at this cool old fashioned soda shop. Being a good Mother, I, of course, insisted on a healthy lunch. I had chili cheese fries and Abigail had a hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top! Abigail took the picture of the front. I had to straighten it a bit that's why the edges are funky. She did good though.












After lunch we were poking around and came across THIS.





Now how can you NOT go in a store that has that sitting outside. Especially when you peek in and see these.









The first floor stuff was, ehhh. But the second floor was a Play Dress Up paradise. Shoes, old fashioned clothes, western clothes, kimonos, hats and hats and hats! I'll post some pics of us trying on hats in a second installment. DH wants to go look at refrigerators.

2 comments:

Paula said...

The soda shoppe looks so cool! But the mannequins are frightning!

Just Me said...

eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!