Saturday, June 2, 2007

Whoops I haven't updated in awhile!

I've got the first floor of the new house reasonably set up. Lots of work to do in the tv bonus room, scrap room, Abigail's room, garage ... but let's not go there! We've got NC drivers licenses and plates.

here are some tidbits - we've got two showings on our old house scheduled for today. the real estate agent says the house is looking good after the new carpet got in and the walls painted.... I'll admit I'm kind of glad I wasn't around for when they ripped that old carpet up. But hey, all of it was nine years old.

kind of on that subject - the new house has mostly hard wood floors on the first floor. I'm finding it a lot easier to take care of than carpeting. I don't think I want to go back to all carpeting. which since I've decided I'm not moving again EVER that's probably a good thing.

I'm trying hard to make new friends. There's a Mommies group I joined. I met some for coffee and we'll get together again this afternoon at the park. We're doing a potluck picnic type thing. I so hope I've got something in common with some of them. (well I do with a couple of them they are planning a scrap day at an LSS in Greensboro) Those of you that really know me, know that doing stuff like this is really outside my comfort zone. If things go well I think I'll have them over to the house for a little coffee chatfest. Cross your fingers!

The other thing new is Church. We tried one of the local ones out and liked it. They do a lot with kids there which will keep the girls active. They should meet some nice friends. I'm determined to be a lot more active there too - as far as members go they seem to have quite a few groups going.

Have I chatted enough yet? Let me think. Seems to me there was one more thing I wanted to post ... nope it's not coming to me. Oh! Boo is LOVING the screened porch. He spends most of his time snoozing out there on my red bath robe (I've quickly concluded I need to go find me a thin cotton one!). Anna likes to sit out there too she's just not into snoozing all day like the old man.

Last thing - I had another interview. For internet car sales. Apparently it didn't go well because they were going to call by yesterday and they didn't. Ah well the RIGHT one will come up.

That's it for now I think. I'll try to update more. I've gotta find my camera and join in some of the photo challenges now that things are settling more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting, come visit me at http://ayoungwoman.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Sorry about the job, but YEAH for getting settled and meeting people!!!!!

Keep us updated... I thought you fell off the face of the earth on your way to Carolina!!

Unknown said...

Good job getting settled! I hope that you feel totally at home really soon!

Missy said...

you can make new friends. It's okay.. step out of the comfort zone. You will be fine.

Just Me said...

Pictures woman!!!

You will make new friends!