Friday, March 30, 2007

Just General Thoughts Today

First thing I saw when I sat down at my computer was a rejection email for a job I applied for last night. Then I went through some Freecycle emails. Freecycle is a program where you can recycle your "stuff". People post up on a yahoo group what they are looking for, what they are offering, etc. I've been posting some items up there - as I go through the house and we decide on some things that we aren't going to bother to take. People just come to the house and pick up the stuff once I select them. I am too lazy for a garage sale I think.

I've been able to help some people out so that's been kind of nice. A lady whose stuff was damaged because the apartment building caught fire, a really cool 77 year old lady who wants to use her computer but can't see the screen so good - she got dh's older 20" monitor. A foster mother looking for some bedroom stuff for a child she is taking in. So there's an upswing to the mood!

The real estate market here isn't so good. We aren't going to get hit hard on selling the house but we are going to be lucky to break even (that's taking into account painting and repair work we need to do to get it sell-able) . That makes for a kind of down swing to the move.

I had an action list all done - that kept me busy and that was an upswing to the mood. Now I'm waiting for others to call back and the days to get here when they come to give estimates so that adds impatience to the move.

And of course it's Friday so the job postings are dismal - the weather isn't as nice as yesterday. Maybe I should get some boxes and just start some of the packing.

It looks like May 15th is the date. I'll post if it changes. Oh and look at the bar stools in the kitchen photo. I asked the real estate agent if I could buy those off the owner since they were kind of meant to be with the counter and also if they wouldn't consider leaving the porch table and chairs.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Good luck on selling your house and I LOVE Freecycle myself!!!