Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NC Photojournal Installment

NC Zoo! I love zoos. I bought a membership before we even went into the place. I figured we'd be back several times. First - it was HOT. Hot hot hot. I didn't pay enough attention and wound up going on one of the hottest, humid days. Second - this zoo is very big land wise. They are still working on it. They have two and a half continents up. It is so big that they offer free tram rides and when you get to a section it posts how many miles and how long you should expect to be there. Not because of all the animals but all the hiking.

The animal exhibits were between trails like this (note the trees this is the African section). Good exercise I suppose. We stayed in Africa a lot because there were lots of trees and better shade! :




Here are some pics - just a few I know I've got tons of zoo pics so y'all have prolly seen tons of zoo pics :























Next installment shall be the beach!

3 comments:

Everlasting Monday said...

Those animals have a lot of space!!!

Just Me said...

Holy Moly Parkie...those are great pics!

tigger said...

I think I love the lion shot BEST of all - but they are all beautiful!!