Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Cousin



I'm going to sound hokey here. We've lived in Cincinnati close to nine years. We have NO family here. David has been spending some time calling all his relatives in NC. As you remember from any Thanksgiving pics or posts you might have seen from me there's lots of his extended family in Eastern NC.

Anyway he has an older cousin who is about 76 years old. Never married - lives by himself. I see him about once a year when we trek down there for Thanksgiving. Every Sunday, traditionally, when dh was growing up this cousin would drive out to Eastern NC to visit his parents for a visit and stop at David's house on the way back "for a sandwich".

He is currently living about a half hour from where we are going to be. He's announced that he is going to start coming by on various Sunday afternoons "for a sandwich".

The thought of this is making me ridiculously happy. And I think how freaking cool is that going to be???

7 comments:

CK Photo said...

good things are happening! I am glad you will be closer to family.

Just Me said...

I'm glad you will be closer to family. I don't have any real family left, other than my ds....BHKB has family in Indiana...so no dropping by for a sandwich.

Unknown said...

You know, it's little things like that that make this move the right thing.

Cyn Pip Pics said...

That is not hokey at all! After living in Seattle for 5 years (which I loved) we eventually moved back to Texas so that we could be closer to family. Missing out on family milestones like weddings, holidays, and even funerals is just too hard. While I miss Seattle and the friends we left behind, we have no regrets about coming home. Your Sunday Sandwich dates sound like a real treat.

Lynette said...

Family is great. That is why we moved back to Kansas after 12 years away. Sandwich visits sound wonderful.

Lynette said...

Family is great. That is why we moved back to Kansas after 12 years away. Sandwich visits sound wonderful.

Lynette said...

Family is great. That is why we moved back to Kansas after 12 years away. Sandwich visits sound wonderful.